Saturday, July 11, 2009

Last Night

Last Night, I had my favorite Giant's moment of my life. Last night the most unlikely thing happened. No one saw this coming. Nobody would have believed you if you predicted it. The oddsmakers in Vegas probably would have staked it at 500,000 to 1. Last Night. Jonathan Sanchez, at 2-8 with an +5.00 ERA, and a WHIP Near 2.0 Threw the Greatest Game by a Giant in over 33 years. Say it with me, Jonathan Sanchez threw a no-hitter. It defies logic to just read that sentence out loud.

Last night Sanchez was the king of baseball, he had crisp control of his pitches, he was making batters look like absolute fools (one batter struck out swinging on a pitch that hit him in the foot for Christs sakes) He wasn't his usual mental case meltdown self. The defense had his back. He was cool, confident, and the man. He came one bad hop away from being just the 16th man in all of Major history to record a perfect game, somehow though I think he's ok with the n0,no.

Last night will always be special to me. I am so thrilled I got to witness history. My baseball bucket list has one less item on it. Thank you Sanchez, I know you and I have had out ups and downs, but last night was epic.

No comments:

Post a Comment