Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Two Points

1. I was at the game yesterday (awesome) and Lou Seal threw a shirt at me, but it was slightly too low and so some ass in front of me grabbed it. ASS. But it was a great game overall, and there was beer involved as well as a lot of heckling the outfield. Always a good time.

2. From Baggarly, on the "Giants might be shopping Cain" thing:

"At the least, I hope you understand that the situation outlined above is quite a different picture than Matt Cain sitting glumly in a shopping cart with a box of Uncle Ben’s and a dozen Grade AAs."

Does this mean I have to do another photoshop? Your votes, plz.

That said, I don't want to let go of Matt Cain, or anyone on the pitching staff, really. Sure, I grit my teeth a little whenever Howry goes out (I trust Affeldt and Miller; Howry has yet to win me over fully), and I know the boys have done their share of yelling at Wilson, but overall I think we're in a good spot with the starting rotation and the bullpen. If we want any hitters, we're going to have to give up a pitcher, and I don't think there's anyone we should be willing to give, especially since Lowry's pretty much out the door already.

Just my thought. And as a pitching fangirl, I will be pitching (hah) a hissy fit if we do wind up sending off any of our guys.

5 comments:

  1. Trading Cain sounds good because he could possibly bring back a desperately needed bat, but look how that sets up next years rotation. Johnson will be gone no question, so that would mean in 2010 we have (Lincecum, Zito, Sanchez, Alderson?, Bumgarner?) that's a lot of inexperience to try and compete with. So basically, don't trade Cain please.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally; even if we get the bat this year, there's already no way we can get the West in '09, so why screw up our 2010 chances now for, basically, fewer games behind the Dodgers* at the end of the season?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I say we trade Sanchez now, he's got raw talent but I dont think he is ever going to get over the mental stuff, do it now while is stock is high!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just worry that trading Sanchez now, especially if we trade him to someone in our division, will come back to bite us.

    We lost to Correia last week, remember?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my god, I will be beyond pissed if the trade Cain away. That's so not ok with me, yes, we need more bats, but not at the expense of Matt Cain. I'd rather ride out another mediocre year and see what they can do in the off season with free agency, perhaps one of the recent draft picks will be ready to step up (Buster Posey anyone?). I can imagine few things worse than giving up Matt Cain for yet another journeyman who will be here a few months and then gone again.

    I'm still hoping they'll fire Sabean and Bochy, then maybe we'll start to see the Giants get back on track.

    ReplyDelete