Monday, May 18, 2009

Lowry officially out for the season

Noah Lowry's having season-ending surgery -- they're removing his rib (!!!) to alleviate the chronic pain on the left side of his neck/left shoulder.

I've been a fan of Lowry since I first saw him pitch, and I think the last time I saw him was in '07 when he was a substitute right fielder.

When I went to the game last Friday, I stopped in the Giants Dugout store to pick up a hoodie since I knew I would probably end up freezing if I didn't. On the sale wall were Lowry 51 shirts, just like the one I have, and while I know that it's because Lowry gave 51 to Randy Johnson upon his arrival to the Giants, it also was a bit of a slap to the face.

So I'm crossing my fingers and hoping and wishing for the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment