Wednesday, September 30, 2009

I come here not to bury Caesar

...but to praise him.

Who would have thought that it would come down to September 30th? Coming into this season, did you think we'd be so close that it would come down to four games from the wild card? I didn't, and that's why I was so surprised and, honestly, pleased with this year.

Remember how we battled for .500 in April and May? And the fact that the wild card race was run up until today? There's been a lot of strides made for a not-very-powerful offensive team.

Some of my highlights of the season:

- The No Hitter
- 300
- Schierholtz' in-the-park home run
- Pablo's walk-off against the Natinals, and the Rise of the Panda in general
- The mohawks sported by Wilson, Uribe, and Romo
- Matt Cain getting some freaking run support and recognition
- The addition of BadAss Penny to our rotation. What can I say, I like the guy. Dodger-haters are always welcome on my team.

I'm proud of my boys. I came into this season thinking I was going to get my heart broken in September. I'm not -- I'm hopeful.

After this last week of games, we'll likely be saying goodbye to a lot of guys who've been on this team for the past few years: Rich Aurilia, Randy Winn, and Bengie Molina. Randy Johnson's only been here this year, and I think it's safe to say that Jack and I saw his last major league start on July 5th. Freddie Sanchez has burned the bridge of good will I had for him, so obviously we're going to keep him and I'm just going to resent him.

What were your highlights of the year? What're you looking forward to for next season?

And hey, technically we've still got four more games -- there's still some good baseball to be played.

No comments:

Post a Comment